We are all ready to come out of the winter blues, and now is the perfect time to take account of those goals you set in January and find a few new ways to level up your life or career. To help you get motivated, we gathered ten of our favorite books and give an in-depth look at our education courses if you are ready to level up as a hairstylist.
Platform Hair Extension's top ten books to get you motivated this spring:
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones - Take a deep dive into how you can make little changes to your life and turn them into positive habits.
- The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection, and Courage - Get a little uncomfortable with your feelings and find a way to use vulnerability to create self-growth.
- The Greatest Salesman in the World - Simple pieces of wisdom that will give you a fresh perspective on sales and even life.
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike - A great book on the creation on Nike and what it took to create one of the biggest brands today.
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. - An insightful read on leadership, potential, and harnessing vulnerability (a common theme for us this year.)
- The Comfort Crisis: Embrace Discomfort to Reclaim your Wild, Happy, and Healthy Self - This one will make you take a deep look at modern comforts and what adding a little discomfort could do for you.
- Talking to Strangers - Be ready to reevaluate how you interact with strangers and evaluate who that stranger might be.
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life - An excellent read if you feel like you are getting in your own way and holding yourself back.
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle - Whether you have dealt with burnout before or are trying to stay ahead of it this book will give you a look at how women process stress and tools to help stay on top of it.
- You are a Badass - A must-read if you want to build your confidence and beat whatever narratives you have created that might be holding you back.
For all the hairstylists out there, one of the easiest ways to level up your confidence, skillset, and business is to invest in education. Platform Hair Extensions Education courses are popping up all over the country in 2023, and we are offering our The Hand-Tied Extension Course and The Money Class.
The Hand-Tied Extension Course
The Classic Hand-Tied course covers the basics of installing hand-tied hair extensions.
What you can expect to learn from the Platform Hand-Tied Weft Course:
- The what, where, when, why and how of hand-tied weft installation
- Advanced extension coloring techniques (multiple color methods included)
- Cutting and blending techniques
- How to price this service
- How to market yourself and this service on social media
- On-going support and assistance after the class
This class is hands-on, and we will be working on a live model. We go through the entire process, from the consultation to posting beautiful photos on social media following the completion of the service. This class is designed to assist you in your marketing efforts! As a result, you will receive stunning before and afters of the live model and may use them on social media to promote yourself and your salon.
The MONEY CLASS
The MONEY CLASS is a new class with limited dates. Meg and Laila will teach you how to offer your clients the most luxurious services on the market while saving you time behind the chair. Gone are the days of 8+ hour installations. Learn how to combine Platform's Hand-Sewn Wefts and Micro K-Tip extensions (**coming soon**) to achieve the most customizable results.
What you can expect to learn from the MONEY CLASS:
- Two specialty Micro K-Tip installations — The Mini Money, and the Money Plus — these are game-changers!!! Both of these Micro K-Tip installations will be used in conjunction with Platform's Hidden-Weft method and are adaptable for every client
- Platform's Classic Hand-Tied Method and Hidden-Weft method utilizing Platform's new HAND-SEWN Wefts.
- Two exclusive color techniques specifically for extension installs to maximize efficiency — These placements are Meg and Laila's go-to techniques to work smarter, not harder.